Double-Acting Hydraulic Actuator
Compact. Simple. Versatile. Delivering thrust up to 1,500,000 lbs and SIL-3 Capable. Our double-acting hydraulic valve actuators are designed to suit a wide range of applications; from commodity to severe-service extremes.
Unleash your plant’s full potential. Upgrade to the ML Series.
Cowan ML Series Double-Acting Hydraulic Valve Actuators are designed to suit a wide range of applications; from commodity to severe-service extremes.
- Thrust up to 1,500,000 lbs
- SIL 3 Capable (IEC 61508)
- GT3 Triple Seal Gland for Severe Service Applications
- Bore Size: 1 1/2″ to 24″
- Configuration: Single-Stage and Tandem
- Stroke Range: Up to 144″
- Pressure Rating: 3000 psi
- Rod Size: 1″ – 10″
Complete the form to get a quote within 24hrs.
Our Series ML Double-Acting Hydraulic Actuator is compatible with any process valve that requires linear motion.
Learn More About: Valve Types
Design and Materials
Gland Seal Configuration
- Triple Seal Gland Standard
- Gland Bushing: Cartridge type, no special tools required for removal
- Primary Seal: Heavy Duty Polyurethane “U”-cup for excellent seal ability and long service life to the hydraulic actuator
- Buffer Seal: PTFE Low friction and long service life. Protects primary seal from pressure spikes.
- Encased Rod Wiper: Rugged wiper deflects contamination away from the rod seals for long service.
In Market Example
Canadian Oil Sands Tailings Application.
8″ Bore ML Series
Control and Monitoring Solutions
Available in 316 Stainless Construction
HPU & Gas/Oil Systems
Manual Hand Pump
Mounting Kits: ISO, MSS & Customized Patterns Available
Anti-Rotation Torque Arm:
Maintains constant alignment between valve stem and cylinder piston-rod. Compatible with rotary type switch boxes and beacons.
Field-Adjustable Travel Stops:
To limit stroke for position-seated or limited-travel applications. Ensures valve reaches positive sealing every time without damage to valve internals.
GT3 Gland for Harsh Environments
Cast Iron construction for applications where yellow metals are not allowed
Mechanical Limit Switch SPDT, for Open & Close Indication. Inductive switches also available. Solid State, Reed and inductive type also available. Specify brand and part number for your hydraulic actuator.